ERIKA RAE: Recovering Evangelical.  Non-fictionista.  Lover of archery, chocolate, red wine, and Hong Kong.  Author of the forthcoming memoir In a Handbasket: Notes from a Recovering Evangelical (Emergency Press, 2011).

Read her work and themes emerge.  Grandmothers, for one.  Both her bikini-clad own, and others whose ass she’d totally kick.

Sex toys, both secular and holy.

Sex in general.  Loss of virginity, the erotic scent of hairspray, and, of course, how sexy you are.

Memories: of high school, of Youth Group, of the night her father died.

And then there’s the musical version of Bratz

The Nervous Breakdown is an online culture magazine and literary community. It was founded in 2006. Our masthead can be found here.

20 responses to “Featuring…Erika Rae”

1. Uche Ogbuji says:

Featuring the brilliant, beautiful, hilarious, engaging, well traveled, well read, ass kicking, ping-ponging, tracheal bag-piping Elektrika.

Oh yeah, and Colorado represent represent! 😀

2. Jude says:

And a happy chef according to some sources that will remain unnamed…

Uh…You guys are so sexy right now you’re killing me. (Am I blushing? I think I’m blushing.)

4. Andrew Nonadetti says:

Ah! I see I’ve come back just in time for an overwhelming explosion of good taste. Congratulations on the book deal, btw.

Erika Rae, you are FABULOUS!
    When is your book coming out?
    I have dibs on the first one!

But Erika Rae,

(I’m whining, please put a whining note in what I write.)
    I cant wait that long!

I wish I could take credit for my gravitar, I am hopelessly inapt at such things.
    I have a brilliant Secret Santa who did it for me, using magic unknown to me.

Like!

8. jmblaine says:

Erika Rae
    you are
    well-loved.
    TNB is a much
    better place
    for your presence

9. Brin says:

Awesome…

10. Erika Rae is one of my favorite people.

Erika, you ooze goodness. Every conversation is a sweet moment. Your children sound heavenly, even when they are tormenting you.

Your words are magical.

Your husband sounds like a cool dude, smart as heck, and lucky to share a mountain with wonderful family and friends.

Cheers to one of many fanciful moments to come in your literary career.

• Uche Ogbuji says:

Good point. Big ups to Scott, who might be the cleverest person I’ve ever met (he and Erika combined are undoubtedly the cleverest couple), and the sort of friend you’re lucky to get a chance to roll with.

Erika, you are sweet and funny and beautiful and talented and clever and gracious and generous and amazing and lovely..and..and..and…and just wonderful.

Oh, and the recitation over your dinner table of the Bratz song will live forever in my memory.
    (Just as Ricky will!)

13. […] TNB host Joseph Matheny talks to TNB contributor, and editor Erika Rae ERIKA RAE is the author of IN A HANDBASKET: NOTES FROM A RECOVERING EVANGELICAL (forthcoming from Emergency Press, 2011). She is also a nonfiction editor at […]

14. […] Joseph Matheny talks to author, TNB contributor, and editor Erika Rae ERIKA RAE is the author of IN A HANDBASKET: NOTES FROM A RECOVERING EVANGELICAL (forthcoming from Emergency Press, 2011). She is also a nonfiction editor at […]