RICHARD COX: author of the novels Rift and The God Particle and of characters who are round.

TNB golf correspondent and Tiger Woods go-to guy.

Storm-chaser.

Texan by birth and high school affiliation; longtime Tulsa resident.

Sometime employer of Vulcan logic.  Onetime employee of an ill-fated BBQ restaurant.  Current employee of…himself.

Admirer of Bewitched; debunker of Kris Kringle and the Amazon star system.

Angry man who should be working for the State Department.

Not just another pretty face.

The Nervous Breakdown is an online culture magazine and literary community. It was founded in 2006. Our masthead can be found here.

44 responses to “Featuring…Richard Cox”

1. Uche Ogbuji says:

And I’m told a capital chap with whom to socialize at a public house styled “The Kraken”. 🙂

Richrob!! TNB cover boy!
    I love your work.

3. Richrob, you’re like butter and young Elvis all rolled into one.

Coxy!

Unleash the Kraken!

5. dwoz says:

Personally, I’m always suspicious and wary of guys that write a little too well and look a little to good.

It just seems like they’re going to be eating my breakfast and wooing my wimminfolk.

can’t be too careful these days.

Love the OK gangsta sign! Oh, and I’m scheming a trip to OK this summer (Edmond). May just have to make a trip to Tulsa. Resurrect that Oklahoma accent I tucked away in the recesses of my mind….

• Richard Cox says:

Well, if you head this way, let me know. I’m sure you can find your Oklahoma accent somewhere. We can meet halfway if you want. Say, in Stroud or Cushing or Drumright. Hahaha.

7. Dana says:

I love the “featured” feature. heh.

I just read a whole slew of Richard’s posts I’d never seen before.

also – “coxy” = awesome!

“Coxy?”

Wow.

It’s like all my Christmases have come at once!

I have some intensely important observations on all of these pieces, and were it not for my pulverizing emotional laziness, I would share them here.

But yeah, “Las Vegas” just came on, so I’m Audi…

9. Andrew Nonadetti says:

Bravo, sir! I see I’ve come poking around at a perfect time. Although I suppose I shouldn’t start any untoward jokes about “poking Cox” when I might not be around often enough to keep up the pace….

This is the milk! Man! The milk!

Ordered my copy of The God Particle. Should be here any day now….

11. Slade Ham says:

Hell yeah, man. Congrats on the front page. I am resisting the urge to make a particular comment, hahahahaha.

Hahahahahahaha. For real.

Richard Cox,
    I go away for a few days to be swarmed by weird anarchist protesters and I come home having missed everything!
    Now I have house guests and can’t spent time on the computer and then we are off again, although I truly hope no anarchists follow us this time.