@

TAGS:

TNB Editors The Nervous Breakdown is an online culture magazine and literary community. It was founded in 2006. Our masthead can be found here.

25 responses to “Featuring…Greg Boose”

I didn’t know Greg and CBS were married. Interesting. Are there any other spouses who write for TNB?

Greg’s piece about his daughter is one of my favorite pieces I’ve read here on TNB. So lovely.

• Richard Cox says:

Yep, authors of the TNB baby and who met here, I believe.

Hello, Greg! Congrats.

• Gloria says:

Wait…they met here? On TNB? Is there a TNB Personals link that I missed? **runs off to look**

• Richard Cox says:

See? It does happen. Sean’s remark about the “…cumulus of musk and pheromones wafting around with each conciliatory sentence…” apparently isn’t so far off the mark.

• Gloria says:

Awesome. So fun. Now I kinda wanna pair people up with each other. I’d like to make a two-column list of single TNBers and draw lines to match people up. There goes my Saturday!

• Lisa Rae Cunningham says:

**runs off to look**
          Gloria, you’re so funny.

Cheers Mr. Boose! And the Mrs. And the TNBaby.

• Gloria says:

*draws line from Lisa Rae to Gloria*

• James D. Irwin says:

guess who reacted to this by shouting ‘lesbians!’ (in my head, not out loud) and then giggling like a seven year old…

• Gloria says:

Richard? Was it Richard who shouted “Lesbians!” in your head?

Besides, it was a joke. An ironic and hilarious joke.

• James D. Irwin says:

I love that I’m simultaneously making childish lesbian comments whilst writing an essay on religion, tolerance and free speech in comedy…

• Gloria says:

Well, the two go hand in hand, no? I mean, I made a lesbian joke, too, right? And I’m mostly not gay. I would argue that anything is game in comedy. If that weren’t true, Andrew Dice Clay and Sam Kennison and Kathy Griffin and Margaret Cho (and…and…and…) would never have been accepted. (Not that Andy Dick is very accepted, but that’s because he appears to be bad at being a human.)

• James D. Irwin says:

That’s basically what I’m arguing.

It’s to do with a joke I came up with earlier and why I didn’t post it on facebook when I would have done any other day of the year.

• Gloria says:

Rad! I can’t wait. 🙂

• Greg Boose says:

Hey children,

Claire and I totally met through TNB. She was a new contributor and I was pretty protective of my TNB, so I checked her out and thought her picture was pretty hot. I started emailing her and messaging her through social sites and whatnot. Next came texts. Then phone calls. Then Claire visited Chicago. I visited LA. Sexy, sexy times.

She moved to Chicago four months later and wha-la, we’re married and have a baby who is crying in her crib right now WHEN SHE SHOULD BE ASLEEP.

Pretty cool to be featured. Thanks for the kind words.

Hey! Greg Boose with the awesome titles!

I wish I could sit on your lovely deck and read these stories aloud.

Nice to see you featured, AND a post yesterday from lovely Claire!

• Greg Boose says:

Right? That was Claire’s first post in over a year. Too busy with her own blog and other freelancing to give TNB some love. Glad she got the itch.

Our deck is looking better and better. We just came inside, actually. It totally needed some New Zealand-y chick, though. You know anyone who might fit that bill who wears maybe a leather jacket?

Congrats, Greg! Still cracking up at the Lohan piece. Well done.

Btw- I didn’t realize until I saw the cursing video that you were at the TNB reading in LA this past June. Sorry I missed you! Would have been fun to talk Chicago shop. Next time!

• Greg Boose says:

Thanks, Joe Daly. With a name like that, you know, you could be a shoe-in for the next mayoral race over here.

I wasn’t at that reading, unfortunately. Zara and Simon came to Chicago and I was able to say some colorful words on my deck for her. What didn’t make the final cut of Zara’s video was Simon washing my mouth out with a penis-shaped soap bar. Over. And over. And over. By request.

Best co-editor EVER. You’re awesome, Greg. Glad to see you up here this week.