TAGS: , , , ,

DAVIS SCHNEIDERMAN is a multimedia writer and scholar whose works include the novel Drain (TriQuarterly/Northwestern); the DEAD/BOOKS trilogy (Jaded Ibis), including the blank novel, Blank: a novel, with audio from Dj Spooky, and the forthcoming [SIC] (Fall 2013), with images from Andi Olsen and audio from Illegal Arts acts Oh Astro, Steinski, Yea Big, and Girl Talk; and the audiocollage Memorials to Future Catastrophes (Jaded Ibis). His co-edited collections include Retaking the Universe: Williams S. Burroughs in the Age of Globalization (Pluto) and The Exquisite Corpse: Chance and Collaboration in Surrealism's Parlor Game (Nebraska, 2009); and The &NOW AWARDS: The Best Innovative Writing (vols. 1 and 2). Schneiderman's work has appeared in numerous publications including Fiction International, The Chicago Tribune, The Iowa Review, TriQuarterly, and Exquisite Corpse; he blogs for The Huffington Post and is a Contributing Editor for The Nervous Breakdown. He is the Director of Lake Forest College Press/&NOW Books and Incoming Associate Dean of the Faculty and Director of the Center for Chicago Programs at Lake Forest College. He can be found, virtually, at davisschneiderman.com

9 responses to “And You Thought Huck Finn Was Dangerous!”

1. dwoz says:

I’m trying to imagine a more shameless, and more brilliant plug and/or self-promotion, and quite frankly the next contestants are so far back in the rear-view-mirror it isn’t even funny.

bravo.

2. dwoz says:

…and after clicking the links, I have to just echo that.

3. Hilarious, excellent use of links for a piece. And look Palin and Plath, together at last.

4. Don Mitchell says:

Reading before the sun comes up, without enough coffee, I misread #4 as

4. Triage for dummies!

Makes a certain kind of sense, though, don’t you think?

5. Yes, “Triage” indeed. Thanks all.

6. Ah, I was wondering when someone was going to bring up the banning of the pedophile book in some way. I love that the humor of this piece involves following the links — the delay makes for great comedic timing. I think I actually heard a badumbum and cymbal crash as #9 loaded. And I’m working on Joe’s sluggish computer at the moment, so it’s skewing more Stephen Wright for me. Which is awesome.

7. JSBreukelaar says:

Interactive brilliance of this piece aside, the juxtaposition in No. 7 is so funny in itself. Now it’s on my tbr list.

Numbers 3 and 4 made me spit coffee at my screen.

Hilarious.

And yes, the book that was pulled was gross. I’m glad it’s gone – and I’m about as anti-censorship as it’s possible to be. About. Not totally, I suppose.

9. zoe zolbrod says:

I didn’t click the links until I read the comments, and then I got double the pleasure. The cadence of the Justin Berber book title, Davis, reminds me of “Davis Schneiderman Took the Quiz.”