TAGS: , , , ,

Davis Schneiderman is a multimedia artist and writer and the author or multiple print and audio works, including the novels Drain, Abecedarium, and Blank; the co-edited collections Retaking the Universe: William S. Burroughs in the Age of Globalization and The Exquisite Corpse: Chance and Collaboration in Surrealism’s Parlor Game; as well as the audio-collage Memorials to Future Catastrophes. His first short story collection, there is no appropriate #emoji—with collaborations from Lance Olsen, Cris Mazza, Kelly Haramis, Stacy Levine, Tim Guthrie, Andi Olsen, and Megan Milks—will be released in 2020. He is Krebs Provost and Dean of the Faculty--and Professor of English--at Lake Forest College.

9 responses to “And You Thought Huck Finn Was Dangerous!”

1. dwoz says:

I’m trying to imagine a more shameless, and more brilliant plug and/or self-promotion, and quite frankly the next contestants are so far back in the rear-view-mirror it isn’t even funny.

bravo.

2. dwoz says:

…and after clicking the links, I have to just echo that.

3. Hilarious, excellent use of links for a piece. And look Palin and Plath, together at last.

4. Don Mitchell says:

Reading before the sun comes up, without enough coffee, I misread #4 as

4. Triage for dummies!

Makes a certain kind of sense, though, don’t you think?

5. Yes, “Triage” indeed. Thanks all.

6. Ah, I was wondering when someone was going to bring up the banning of the pedophile book in some way. I love that the humor of this piece involves following the links — the delay makes for great comedic timing. I think I actually heard a badumbum and cymbal crash as #9 loaded. And I’m working on Joe’s sluggish computer at the moment, so it’s skewing more Stephen Wright for me. Which is awesome.

7. JSBreukelaar says:

Interactive brilliance of this piece aside, the juxtaposition in No. 7 is so funny in itself. Now it’s on my tbr list.

Numbers 3 and 4 made me spit coffee at my screen.

Hilarious.

And yes, the book that was pulled was gross. I’m glad it’s gone – and I’m about as anti-censorship as it’s possible to be. About. Not totally, I suppose.

9. zoe zolbrod says:

I didn’t click the links until I read the comments, and then I got double the pleasure. The cadence of the Justin Berber book title, Davis, reminds me of “Davis Schneiderman Took the Quiz.”