TAGS: , , ,

MEG POKRASS is a fiction writer who lives in San Francisco. Her collection Damn Sure Right can be pre-ordered (signed) now from Press 53. Yes! Meg will create animated book trailers, by author request! So...er.. request one! Additionally, she runs the weekly segment for BLIP magazine (formerly Mississippi Review) and runs the “Fictionaut Five” author interview series for Fictionaut. Her story, "Leaving Hope Ranch," published in Storyglossia was selected for Wigleaf’s Top 50 Flash Fiction 2009 List. She has published over one hundred stories and poems in journals such as Gigantic, Gargoyle, Wigleaf, Annalemma.

12 responses to “Lit Clit Hosts Huffington Post Lit Blogger”

1. Did he say “a half a witch baby slide-out?” HAHAHA, you nutter. Make these forever, please.

2. Meg Pokrass says:

thank you. I think it is clear that Mr. Shivani needs to google “define woman” at least five times a day:_

3. Mindy Macready says:

Oh , there it is ..well part of it.

anyway at the huffington post read the comment section(1600) and google for links to get a fair and balanced approach.

it is much clearer now….but I think Creative Cursing is making a big comeback and soon …Lit Wars!

Anus Shitvanity

Anus Shitvariance

4. meg pokrass says:

ha. yep. I guess i should have educated the viewers a bit. I tend to think it is obvious, and it isn’t. thank you for all the links! Gosh, I like these awesome names for mr. S-vani!

• Mindy Macready says:

I think what you are doing is cutting edge, why because I like dialog …quirky dialog between two people and it gives you the chance to find that 2nd actor when at times you are singular(I have seen your video with you and the phone) btw I like your acting…I think as the technology gets better or I get over some of the interruptions as I strain to hear dialog, that conversation will get better or not so much better but be set free more.

I like quirky and two off the wall people talking or one sane and one off the wall person conversing. btw off the wall people are sane too they are just happier and free

good example is Conan Obrian and Harland Williams having a conversation.

Harland Williams is off the wall , I will never forget the time Howie Mandel tried putting
      Harland Williams down. Harland kept his quirkiness and continued to be funny and Howie
      looked so unfunny for trying to caste him as strange.

I think the breakout of Lit Wars has great potential for humor…and all the creative cursing or put downs going back and forth that would be thick with creative hurt…”Yo Bitch” could go on for days.

I have so much to say about this Antsi Mina Suvari guy but I will hold it for another day.

Do you realize how many people purged their apartments of Amy Tan or threw them in their bathroom hamper when guests arrive. How dare he do that to Amy.

• meg pokrass says:

thank you so much Mindy. The dialogue is key. I have another for tomorrow with antsy talking about the “no sense of humor” Louise Gluck. Gag. xo-mp

• Mindy Macready says:

The comment conversations at the Guardian and the Huffington Post is really interesting but man you can hear the crickets here…so what if I had to just use my noogle and google, then I was plugged in..and was soon on board and got it.

I wonder where the converasation is here? you are the most read item on TNB.

This Anis guy might just start a love/hate relationship with the literary world, but I think he went after people after the fact , why not wait for something newly published?

5. Mindy Macready says:

I must be doing something totally wrong with my posts…or the Huffington Post moderators are stalking me…damn! I should have copied it.

I have zero context for this video. I wasn’t sure what it was. But I will say this: you employ what I’ve wished for years I could have in my real life: a laugh track. See also: a soundtrack.

7. Caleb Powell says:

Well done, but I really enjoyed Shivani’s original essay, too.

Writers, in the name of “sticking up for one another”, push this too far by being thin-skinned and fearful of criticizing anyone or having anything bad to say. Writers should encourage, not discourage, literary fireworks. If not, well, our writing gets bland and suffers from being a big pot of agreeing.