(Verse 1)

Girl.

They don’t understand.

You swirl and twirl in your world.

I want to hold your hand.

One day.

(Chorus)

Love me.

Love, me.

Love me.

Love, me.

(Bridge)

First base…  (Aw, yeah, I got to kiss you…)

Second base…  (Good god, I like to touch you…)

Third base…  (I’m not sure what that is but let’s keep going…)

Home run…  (Your mama’s calling you for dinner, let’s resume tomorrow…)

(Cutest guy’s a cappella solo)

Your heart and my heart collide as one as we morph into love itself and permeate the sky with our perfect bliss.

(Verse 3)

Take my heart, keep it safe.

I like your freckles.

Bubbles.

Love’s no fun, when you’re on the run, you’re the fugitive of my heart.

(Chorus)

Love me.

Love, me.

Love me.

Love, me.

(Outro)

Don’t forget my love.

(Repeat… to fade out.)

TAGS: , , , , , , , , , ,

RACHEL POLLON was born and bred in Los Angeles, California. Her working life has consisted of stints as a writers' assistant on Frasier, and as a writers assistant on shows starring John Stamos and Pamela Anderson. Not together. But you never know what the future will bring. She also spent some time in the music business, working with an array of terrific and talented musicians, and script supervised a tour for a legendary musical icon/actress/director/funny girl. Rachel thinks dropping names is unbecoming (with the exception of John and Pam) and is hopeful that in time what she's got to say will be more interesting than who she proofed scripts for. She's done some writing for the world wide web. And her essay "Change For A Ten" appeared in the book THE BEAUTIFUL ANTHOLOGY. This picture is a few years old but she's pretty uncomfortable in front of a camera so she's not going to bother updating it right now. That's her dog Theo. He looks about the same.

15 responses to ““Love, Me” AKA My Boy Band Song”

1. Rachel Pollon says:

By the way, if anyone wants to try to put this to music I would LOVE it. Let me hear it, people! Bring my sweet lyrics to life.

2. Sean says:

I think I just fell into a little pile of love.

In fact, “Little Pile of Love” would make a great album title.

Bubbles. hahaha

• Rachel Pollon says:

Bubbles made/makes me laugh too. I dunno why. I guess it’s just a funny word. Plus, it means nothing in the context. Why am I trying to analyze this? It’s love, damn it.

This is awesome.

I can see the coordinated dance routines now.

• Rachel Pollon says:

Thank you, Matt. It’s clear I need to keep developing this song/band/act into something humungous wherein, yes, dance steps are not only necessary but crucial. Oooh, maybe they become an animated series and the band fights crime or solves mysteries using their secret power of fancy footwork/get out of scrapes using choreographed moves. I’ll get back to you. This is going to be big.

5. Hank cherry says:

Other than the chorus, which is inscrutable, I love this song! Plus I’m kidding about the chorus, I love that too!

• Rachel Pollon says:

LOL. What could be more scrutable than “Love me” — maybe I should add a question mark. Thanks for digging my wild tune, man.

6. Have you heard this song by will.i.am (featuring Eva Simons) called This is Love? I believe it’s number one here in Britain. The thing is, it’s the worst song ever*, and yet people – lots of people – like it and have bought it. So it seems I have no understanding of either music or people, and so I’m not qualified to comment on your work.

*really staggeringly, wretchedly execrable. It’s not that I don’t like it (although I don’t), it’s just that it’s cobbled together from poorly-matched parts that wouldn’t have made it onto the quickest, cash-in 1997 Ibiza anthem, plus Mr. am’s “rapping”, which is simply speaking words like “Love for the bass / and love for the treble / Love for the orchestra / Violin, cello / Love for computer beats / harder than metal” in a monotone. I say “like”, but those are the exact words. Then there’s the inexplicably auto-tuned bit that goes “Hey / Baby / Yeah / All right / Can you feel it? / Good God / Yeah / All right”, then it’s back to Ibiza. Shite. Anyway.

• Rachel Pollon says:

Steve, you need to stop listening to wil.i.am immediately. It’s clouding your judgement. You must be able to see the difference between this and that. Whoever writes his stuff (him?) thinks it’s good. I am merely paying homage to an adorable genre that we all have a love/hate relationship with depending on the artist. I, for some reason, have welcomed One Direction into my brain. But I can’t deal with The Wanted nor wil.i.am and his onerous punctuation. What about Spandau Ballet? Or The Beatles? Boy bands all. That’s right, I’m calling The Beatles a boy band. (I don’t really mean it, but for the sake of argument.) Anyway, please go listen to “(You Don’t Know You’re) Beautiful” (or is it “You Don’t Know (You’re Beautiful)” and get back to me.

7. Greg Olear says:

This could work in any genre. I’d love a thrash metal version. Why limit yourself?

• Rachel Pollon says:

Why, indeed! I actually had a version of my Pitchfork campaign where the reviewer said they’d like to hear a Japanese noise version of the song. So, you know, great minds think alike. 😉

I always wonder how writers put lyrics to music or music to lyrics. Seems impossible to me. But I’d love to hear someone try with yours.

Whereas I feel, after watching at least 100 episodes of The Joy of Painting, that I could perfectly paint a Bob Ross landscape on the first try.

• Rachel Pollon says:

I would like to hear this put to music, too. It would be so interesting to hear different people interpret it. Do you hear me, musicians? — SO interesting.